- Define engagement scope of work and deliverables and provide delivery of consulting services in partnership with clients.
- Lead select engagements with multiple team members and serve as a team member on other engagements. Must be able to effectively manage projects and team resources assigned to projects.
- Conduct tasks and projects for external clients, including program reviews, fundraising strategy development and implementation, board development, campaign counsel, and other services as needed.
- Collaborate regularly with internal team members and clients to ensure delivery of cohesive and quality work product delivered by deadline.
- Engage in multiple projects, with varying deadlines, scopes, and deliverables at any given time.
- Meet annual revenue goal by completing quality work efficiently.
- Contribute to firm-generated thought leadership by creating written content and engage in speaking opportunities to promote expertise in philanthropy through firm and industry publications, conferences, or events.
- Participate in ongoing internal activities as a productive and active member of the firm. These may include orientation and ongoing trainings, firm-wide client review meetings, and other skill-building activities.
- Develop and maintain a robust network of potential clients, initiate conversations with potential clients, and actively respond to sales opportunities, including writing proposals and participating in sales presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have extensive successful development experience in a development management position (Senior Director of Development, AVP, VP, or equivalent) in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoy and be proficient at skill building and training techniques.
- Have experience leading development/advancement organizations, including strategy development and execution.
- Have exposure to fundraising in a healthcare setting.
- Be experienced in presenting at conferences, be an active leader in philanthropy, and have an interest in sharing knowledge and expertise with others.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Powerful analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative, and a solid strategic thinking.
- Ability to create a strong, positive initial impression and maintain a solid professional credibility.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- This position can be remote or based in our Minneapolis office (locally based employees are expected to maintain a hybrid office presence).
- Position requires ability to work in a stationary position for majority of workday.
- Continuous use of computer.
- Frequent communication with team and clients via zoom and in person.
- We strive to provide work/life balance whenever possible but due to the nature of this role, weekend and evening hours are required when deadlines need to be met.
- Overnight travel to client sites, conferences or firm meetings is sometimes required (up to 30% of time).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits
BWF offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid holidays, PTO and volunteer time off
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Health insurance with HSA and FSA (medical and dependent care) options
- Employer paid dental and vision insurance, 100% employer life insurance, short and long-term disability, Long Term Care insurance, and paid parental leave.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BWF advances our world through collaboration with great nonprofit organizations. We are a full‐service fundraising consulting firm offering assistance with capital campaign counsel, feasibility studies, development assessments, decision science, prospect development, donor relations, professional development and training, advancement services, annual giving, alumni relations, and digital and social marketing. Our commitment to transforming philanthropy is grounded in employing the best tools and techniques. Our collaborative approach brings together insights from our experienced and diverse team to learn from each other, develop new ideas, and create customized, timely solutions.
BWF defines itself as a consulting organization which looks at an institution in its totality—its mission, goals and objectives—and determines how development fits within that context. The firm’s goal is to establish a “partnership” with its clients. In service, the firm is a working team of seasoned professionals with expertise in many different areas who apply their diverse talents to each consulting assignment.
For more information please visit www.bwf.com.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)